I’ve tried keto donuts before and that they area unit simply an excessive amount of on behalf of me. Well, except my keto double chocolate donuts – those rock! Most alternative keto donuts style sensible, however once the primary few bits, I simply can’t take any longer. therefore keto cinnamon sinker bites sounded like simply the factor to create!
A fond memory I even have from childhood is my ma and pop creating homemade donuts Chrimstas morning. I referred to as my ma and asked for her special homemade formula therefore I may keto-ize it. and that i did simply that.
I did quite keto-ize it tho’ as I modified it quite bit, however the bottom flavor still strikes a chord in my memory of home.
The first batch was AMAZING! I tested them, took my photos, place all of them on a plate, walked out of the space, came back and that they were gone.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheet with oil of your choice (I like coconut oil).
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, monkfruit, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add melted butter and mix until crumbly (about 10 seconds). Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down the butter.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream.
- Add egg mixture to almond flour mixture, and mix well.
- Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for 10 minutes if desired to decrease stickiness.
- Roll dough into 1 inch round balls and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Baking for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together ingredients monkfruit and cinnamon for topping and set aside.
- Let donut holes sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing them. They will crumble if you remove them when too hot. They need a few extra minutes to set.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or on the stove. Brush HOT coconut oil lightly over the top of donuts and sprinkle on topping.
- Serve warm or cold.