- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend (I used Weight Watchers brand)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 egg roll wrappers (1 package)
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lightly mist two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the egg roll wrappers and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour some water into a small dish and set aside. On a flat surface, place an egg roll wrapper, corner facing toward you (like a diamond) and put ¼ cup of the mixture from the bowl on the center of the wrapper. Spread the mixture in a horizontal line from the left corner to the right corner of the wonton wrapper, leaving ½ inch or so of space on each side. Fold the bottom corner closest to you up over the ingredients and give it a 90 degree roll. Fold the side corners in and tuck them as you give the filled section another 90 degree roll. Dip your finger in the dish or reserved water and lightly wet the edges of the remaining top corner of the wrapper. Finish rolling the filled egg roll over the wet corner so that it adheres. Place wrapped egg roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.