- 4 (6 ounce)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the chicken breasts in hot oil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 13 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove and keep warm.
- Place bacon in large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Cook and stir onion and brown sugar in reserved drippings until onion is golden, about 5 minutes.