Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cake
August 30, 2019
| cake, dessert
- 2/3 cup (150g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 165g eggs (3 eggs)*
- 2 cups (235g) flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cups (60g) milk
- 2 tsp (8.5ml) vanilla extract
- 3 tsbp (22g) unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
- *Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl and weight them. Adjust if needed: remove some of the egg mixture to get 165g exactly.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Using a spatula or a whisk, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine with the wet ingredients, and mix until just incorporated. Add in the 60g of milk, and mix until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter in two separate bowls. In the first bowl, stir in the vanilla extract. In the second bowl, stir in the cocoa powder with one tablespoon of milk.