- 6-7 leaves basil chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, plus extra for sprinkling over top
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- Slice tomatoes and lay sliced on plates. Sprinkle lightly with salt and let sit 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute’ until onions are soft (about 8 minutes). Transfer to a medium-sized bowl
- Add cheese, eggs, herbs, and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drain water off of plates with tomatoes, With a paper towel, Gently blot tomatoes to soak up excess moisture.
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a greased pie pan. Top with about 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used, finishing with a layer of tomatoes. Top this layer with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Get full recipe << https://www.biscuitsandburlap.com/2019/07/09/crustless-tomato-pie/