Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels
June 13, 2019
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cut walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of one orange
- 2 cold pie crusts (I use Pillsbury Pie Crust)
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat kitchen appliance to four hundred.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Place the cranberries, walnuts, sugar, and zest during a commixture bowl; combine till completely combined.
- On a gently floured surface roll out the pie crusts into 2 squares.
- Generously brush the pie crusts with the liquified butter.
- Spread the cranberry filling on high of the pie crusts.
- Roll every pastry into a log.
- Pinch the sides to seal.
- Combine the egg and water during a little bowl and beat till well homogenized.
- Brush every log with the egg mixture.
- Carefully cut every log into ten slices.
- Place the slices, cut aspect up, on the ready baking sheet, one in. apart.
- Bake for twelve to fifteen minutes, or till golden brown.
- Place pinwheels on a cooling rack.
- Spread a teaspoon, or more, of the honey on every pinwheel.
- Let cool before serving.
- If you are having problems with slicing the log as a result of the dough is just too soft, place it within the deep freezer for regarding ten to fifteen minutes before cutting.