- 1 cup frozen, canned or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- warm maple syrup, for serving
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon pieces until they begin to brown. Add the onion and continue to cook until the bacon is crisp and the onion is softened. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the bacon mixture for topping the griddle cakes upon serving- and set it aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, combine the flour, chives, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the milk, egg and oil, just until moistened. Stir in the bacon mixture, corn and cheese. The mixture will be thick. If you’d like the griddle cakes to be slightly thinner than those pictured, add a little more milk to thin out the batter.
- Source Blog>>https://www.recipegirl.com/bacon-and-corn-griddle-cakes/