SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 2 cups pasta sauce (I use canned, you can use homemade!)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound Italian seasoned ground sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To cook the spaghetti squash, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and place it face down in a microwave safe bowl. Fill the bowl with 2 inches of water and microwave on high 5 – 10 minutes or until squash is soft. Remove from the microwave, wait until cool enough to handle and pull the strands of squash loose with a fork. Squeeze the squash with a cheese cloth or strain it through a fine mesh strainer to get all the extra liquid out.
- While the squash cooks, in a medium pan cook the ground sausage until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Source Blog>>http://smilesandwich.com/2017/01/06/sausage-and-peppers-spaghetti-squash-casserole/