Keto Low-Carb Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for the keto diet and ketosis lifestyles. The shrimp is served grilled or pan seared with parmesan cheese and rich alfredo cream sauce.
- 2 pounds zucchini, spiralized the number of zucchini will vary based on size, this is about 4-5 zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream If you prefer a lot of cream sauce, try 3/4 cup
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Line a sheet pan with paper towels. Place the zucchini noodles on the paper towels. Sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Allow the zucchini to sit for 30 minutes to sweat out excess water.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shrimp, and minced garlic. Cook each side of the shrimp for 1-2 minutes until bright pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet on medium heat. Allow the butter to partially melt and then add the chunks of cream cheese, Parmesan reggiano, heavy cream, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir continuously until the cheese has melted. The cream cheese may take some time to dissolve.
- Add the shrimp and zucchini noodles to the pan. Stir to coat the zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the zucchini softens.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.