The best healthy banana bread recipe I’ve ever made, and possibly the most delicious way to use up your ripe bananas. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free. Perfect for a sweet breakfast or an afternoon snack with tea, and it’s meal prep friendly too! Most importantly, it’s perfectly moist, and easy to make.
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas* (roughly 3-4 bananas)
- 2 heaping tablespoons creamy roasted almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa flour or sub fava/garbanzo flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- or use all oat
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- creamy almond butter
- more banana, sliced
- caramelized banana (banana baked with coconut sugar)
- whatever your heart desires
|Best Healthy Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free]
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare your baking pan by lining with parchment paper. The pan I used measures 8.5 x 4.4 inches. Use butterfly clips to hold parchment paper in place if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine your non-dairy milk and ACV and allow to sit for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (maple syrup, mashed banana, nut butter, vanilla) along with your ground flax.
- Sift in your remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture into lined baking pan and pop into the oven for about 35-45 minutes (you may need to bake for additional 5-10 minutes if mixture looks undercooked). I recommend starting with 30 minutes, checking by poking a toothpick into the center, and baking longer as needed. This time will vary based on the size/shape of the pan you’re using.
- Once completely cooked, and lightly golden brown on top allow the loaf to cool for 30 minutes before enjoying or slicing.
You can store in an airtight container, or freeze slices to toast and eat later.