This White Barbecue Chicken is sure to become a new crowd favorite at all of your cookouts this summer! As promised, today we’re sharing our recipe for White Barbecue Chicken.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups White Barbecue Sauce, see recipe here
- 4 large skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (ours were almost a pound each)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a double batch of the White Barbecue Sauce, recipe here. Use two cups as the marinade and reserve one cup to cook the chicken and one cup to serve on the side.
- Place the four breasts in a gallon zip lock bag with two cups of the White Barbecue Sauce and marinate four hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush three tablespoons of olive oil over the skin and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place skin down on the hot grill and cook two to three minutes just to give grill marks. Brush the back side with the remaining oil and flip. Cook two minutes.
- Move the chicken to an upper rack or a cooler side of the grill, skin up and lower the temperature to medium. The internal grill heat with cover closed should hover around 425 degrees F.
- Take the one cup of White Barbecue Sauce and brush a small amount onto the tops of the breasts. Cover grill and wait five minutes. Brush again and again close the lid and time five minutes.
- GET FULL RECIPE>>https://www.afamilyfeast.com/white-barbecue-chicken/?holidaydesserts=8365771370