The Best Ramen Noodle Salad
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounce package ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 lbs Napa cabbage, about 8-10 cups shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin, about 1/2 cup
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup light flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- To make the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat after boiling. Let the dressing cool completely before pouring it over the salad.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting, crush the ramen noodles while still inside the package. Remove the seasoning packet and throw away (or set aside for later use). Add the noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds to the melted butter in the skillet.
- Saute while stirring frequently, until the noodle mixture is golden brown. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Shred the cabbage and combine the cabbage and onions in a large mixing bowl. Add the noodle mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.