Mile-high, flaky and extra tender, we’re talking gluten free and keto biscuits! Think an awesome option for low carb meal prepping!
- 168 g organic grass-fed butter
- 2 eggs
- 230 g sour cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 192 g almond flour
- 125 g golden flaxseed meal finely ground
- 42 g coconut flour
- 30 g whey protein isolate
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
|GLUTEN FREE & KETO BISCUITS
- Place the butter in the freezer for 1 hour before starting. Grate it, and return to the freezer while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add eggs, sour cream, water and apple cider vinegar to a medium bowl and whisk for a minute or two until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Add almond flour, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, xanthan gum and kosher salt to a large bowl and whisk until very thoroughly combined and no lumps are visible.
- Add in half the grated butter to the flour mix (84g/6TBS). Distribute it quickly with your hands, rubbing it against the flour briefly with your fingertips. Since it’s already grated, you won’t need to ‘break it into’ the flours. Pour in the egg and cream mixture, mixing with a spatula until just incorporated. The dough will be very shaggy. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
You can get the complete recipes here!!!