LOW CARB CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER WHOOPIE PIES
The chocolate cake is moist and , if baked slightly longer can give a crunchy brownie like texture and flavor. My peanut butter cream filling is made with powdered peanut butter, PB2. This amazing creation has far less fat, calories and carbs than traditional peanut butter, with all of the flavor.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour of choice- we used Bob’s Red Mill Low Carb Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cream or almond milk
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or 6 drops of stevia glycerite (sweeten to taste before baking)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cream (plus more if needed)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener, like Swerve
- 1/2 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter OR traditional peanut butter
NOTE* if using traditional peanut butter skip the cream until you see if it needs to be thinned out.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat egg, vanilla, sweetener and butter until creamy.