Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Sausage Potato Soup)
February 27, 2019
- 3 Strips of Thick Cut Smoky Bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs Ground Hot Italian Sausage (use 1/2 hot and 1/2 mild if you don’t like much spice)
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, pressed or minced
- 4-6 Medium Potatoes, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 Bunch of Kale** chopped, with rib removed
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- Optional Substitute for the Kale
- 1 Pkg Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed) or fresh Baby Spinach*
- Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode, and add the chopped bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon renders out most of its fat. Remove and set aside.
- Add the sausage and brown it, stirring a few times. If you can get a good browning on it the flavor will be even better!
- Spoon out all but 2 tsp of the fat (enough to cook the onions).
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE