This recipe uses a pressure cooker and cola to make tender spice-rubbed short ribs served with a savory sauce in minutes rather than hours.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 to 5 pounds English-cut beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2-1/2-inch-long pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cups cola (not diet), such as Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, and cumin in a small bowl. Evenly rub the spice mix on all sides of the ribs; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart stovetop pressure cooker over medium heat until shimmering. Working in batches, add enough short ribs to cover the bottom of the cooker without crowding them. Sear, turning occasionally, until the ribs are browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a large plate and repeat with the remaining ribs.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the cola, soy sauce, and Worcestershire and, using a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- get full recipe>>https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-cola-braised-beef-short-ribs-30305