ORANGE CAULIFLOWER–A VEGETARIAN’S ORANGE CHICKEN
- 1 medium sized cauliflower broken into florets (made approx. 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (Mixed colors)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water (to make a batter)
- Oil for frying + 1 tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Sriracha (Or any other red chili paste/sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oil for frying
- In another pan, heat half tbsp. oil and add the diced peppers. Sauté them for a min or 2 until they turn golden. Make sure that you are not overcooking the peppers. Set aside once they are done.
- Mix the corn starch and all-purpose flour with a pinch of salt and water to make a thick batter.
- The batter should be thick enough to coat the cauliflower florets evenly.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter and add them into hot oil for frying.
- Get full recipe >> http://yummilyyours.com/orange-cauliflower/